Foundation for Professional Development Digital Library
The Foundation for Professional Development (FPD) digital Library provides students with access to an amazing range of online resources to explore the subjects they are passionate about. We will also help students to develop skills that will support them as they study, at work, or in everyday life. The online library gives students access to quality-assured and trusted resources that are selected and assessed by subject specialists and academics.
The digital library assists students in:
1. Finding information for their self-study.
2. Finding resources to assist them in assignments or projects.
3. Explore further reading for their module(s).
4. Carry out in-depth research or explore specific subjects.
The online library includes resources and readings for the following qualifications as well as specifies the prescribed readings and or textbook(s):
1. Higher Certificate in Management
2. Higher Certificate in Practice Management
3. Higher Certificate in Early Childhood Education and Care
4. Advanced Certificate in Management
5. Advanced Certificate in Health Management
6. Advanced Certificate in Monitoring and Evaluation
7. Advanced Diploma in Aesthetic Medicine
8. Postgraduate Diploma in Distance Higher Education
9. Postgraduate Diploma in Health Professions Education and Leadership
10. Postgraduate Diploma in General Practice
11. Master of Public Health
For each qualification, students will have access to comprehensive self-study manuals that have been developed by leading experts in the field and in some instances, there may be a prescribed textbook that is provided to them as part of their curricula. As a registered student, all of their study material(s) will be made available, either as a hardcopy, textbook or electronically.
Students are able to access the digital library via The EdOnline system (portal.foundation.co.za) which is the primary tool used to drive learning via various routes such as Face to Face (F2F), Online On Demand (Course), Virtual Classrooms or a combination of this.
All students are required to register a free profile on the FPD Student Portal to access their programme.
Once logged in they are able to navigate to the digital library, which is available to any student registered on the Student Portal.
Please visit the following webpage to access: https://portal.foundation.co.za/Course/Details/1207
FPD also has a resource centre at its offices in Pretoria, which can be accessed during normal office hours. Should a student wish to make use of this facility, please contact Ms Livia van Wyngaardt, at email@example.com or +27 87 821 1109 for further information.