Mentoring helps cultivate leaders, retain staff, and diversify the workforce. By strengthening the workforce, mentorship improves the quality of patient care and outcomes. The short course in Nurse Mentorship can foster the leadership skills that is needed to secure larger roles in developing, designing and delivering of health care by nurses. The course also addresses the mentoring relationships inside healthcare organisations that can help organisations retain staff and reducing the cost of turnover. The course enables nurse leaders to implement successful mentoring behaviour, resulting in adequate, successful supervision in all areas.
Professional doctors and nurses.
After completion of this course you will be able to:
• Describe the benefits of mentorship and how it differs from supervision.
• Explain the stages of mentorship.
• Identify the roles and responsibilities of mentors and mentees.
• Discuss the implementation of a successful mentorship programme.
• Describe the importance of relationship building, communication and conflict management in mentoring.
• List the mentoring skills required to ensure effective mentoring.
• Explain the different mentoring strategies.
• Describe the teaching, learning and assessment approaches in practice setting, as well as the importance of bedside teaching.
• Describe how clinical mentorship and assessment is implemented.
• Explain the importance of verbal and nonverbal communication.
• Explain how you will provide objective feedback to a mentee.
• Discuss the ethics of mentorship and professional accountability.
• Apply learning style flexibility in your mentorship practice.
• Reflect critically on your own mentorship practice.
• Develop a bespoke mentorship programme for a mentee.
• Discuss ways to measure your mentorship practice.
• Prepare a portfolio of evidence.
This is an eLearning course consisting of self-study and assessment. Participants have 3 months from date of registration for the completion of this course.
The following modules are included in this course:
1. First things first – knowing yourself and your mentee
2. Approach to mentorship
3. Does mentorship work?
4. Practical application of mentorship
5. Evaluating your mentorship practice
To qualify for the certificate of completion for this short course, participants should successfully complete the assessment process.
R 999.99 (Incl)
For More info please contact:
Tel: 012 110 4080/ 087 821 1109
Or complete the above enquiry box and one of our representatives will bein contact with you shortly.